Saturday, May 30, 2009

blessed is the UPS (unintrruptible power supply) by Laika Karu

Laika Karu is talented in the way she plays with her reader. Laika chooses her words carefully, so very carefully. Her images are vivid, real and yet a bit beyond reach. Her reader must work with Laika to find her truths that are there like "a psyhedelic bubble over paradise."



blessed is the UPS(uninterruptible power supply) by Laika Karu

I float in a psychedelic bubble over paradise
sipping a strawberry smoothie
a little high
and smiling

wondering if the universe casts a shadow....

I wait
amused and thinking about you

feeling your affection even as I curse you
for putting me through this lesson

there is a strength in your presence
and an irresistible ease

I sense a storm brewing
hot humid and heady
the barometer dropping and i am falling
into a vulnerable space
my mind alive and restless

distant thunder announces your arrival
the deluge and
anticipation having
primed my soul
I swear it is some sort of mind control

you take me in hand and
bathe me with your benediction
the lights flicker, a dark velvety silence engulfs me
my heart sinks until I see

that the glow of our world remains

No comments:

Post a Comment